I call this “Corona Mustard” because it’s pretty hot. It’s another one of those cases where I mess with an original recipe, the big thing being replacing salt with soy sauce for what’s a pretty unique taste.
Wanring – this is hot. Note it’s pretty much pure mustard with vinegar and a few other things, so you better like mustard if you use this. At a party it was compared to wasabi.
- 1/2 cup ground mustard
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1) Toss the mustard and sugar in a bowl and stir until mixed.
2) Next, add the soy sauce, water, and white wine vinegar. Stir until smooth.
3) Keep in refrigerator until serving (not sure how long this’ll last in the fridge).
There’s not much to say about it. It worked right out of the gate. I’m just not a mustard person.
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.fantopro.com/, nerd and geek culture at http://www.nerdcaliber.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at http://www.stevensavage.com/.