Let’s get to my weekly “standups” Scrum style continue! What have I done and what am I going to do?
(OK, yes traditional Scrum is daily, but give me a break).
So what have I done the last week?
- Way With Worlds Minibook #1: My editor should be on it. Waiting for updates as we speak.
- Way With Worlds Minibook #5: I completed my monthly goals over a week ahead of time. I might write more.
- Way With Worlds Marketing: The newly printed bookmarks are on their way – not sure what was up with the website, but I think they just got overloaded.. So here’s hoping I didn’t completely screw it up.
- General: Went to assorted meetups, spent time with my girlfriend, and configured a new computer (a major part of my time over the weekend). The latter should make me more productive, except it’s powerful enough to run Overwatch, so uh . . yeah, there’s that.
- Additional: I took an unplanned task to help edit someone’s story. I might be doing more of this as I feel it lets me use my knowledge. The idea is maybe I’ll offer, now and then, to do a deep-dive on someone’s chapter #1.
What am I going to do this week:
- Way With Worlds Minibook #1: Well I want to get this back, but it’s not required – I do want it back early May.
- Seventh Sanctum Spotlight: I’m going to contact the folks who wanted to do it this week to start queuing content. My goal was to contact but not necessarily publish, so I think this might be easier to just do end of month so next month starts queued up.
- Miscellaneous Marketing: I want to check with local comic shops on speaking and do more with my self-pub group that also has a group of speakers.
- General: Finishing any final computer configurations. Probably get some social time in. Plan next month. Lots of miscellaneous and clean-up this month.
Challenges and blockers:
- No blockers; if anything slightly ahead.
- Long-term the next pop culture is on hold, and probably won’t start until late summer/early fall as my co-author is busy.
- Next month is shaping up to focus on Fanime, and a new project – writing fiction.