So did you participate in Black Friday or not? Here's what our readers said . . .
1. OK, Black Friday has happened and come and gone, as did it's usual pre-and-post Friday deals. Let's be honest – did you buy anything?
- 20% – Yes – And I don't care who knows it.
- 0% – Yes – And I am ashamed.
- 0% – I'm not sure, actually – with all those deals and all.
- 20% – No – And I'm ashamed I didn't use those deals.
- 60% – No – And I'm proud of it.
And what did our commenters say?
- No, though it's starting to creep north of the border. ("AHAHHAA. We're destroying your Christmas now to!' – Steve)
- There's no way I will go into a frenzied crowd without having a suit of planet mail and a mace (and not the pepper spray kind of mace, either). Me and crowds, we don't get along. ("Planet mail sounds like awesome armor. I want a +12 Jupiter Mail." – Steve)
- No, I was broke.
Sounds like most of us didn't participate – by a hair. I also admit I'm wondering how well Black Friday can do with the continuing economic problems – and what next year's will bring.
2. If you did buy something on Black Friday and it's surrounding deal days, what was it?
And here's where it got weird – those who did buy (and admitted it) got Televisions or television-related systems. That's it. Nothing else.
So what do I take from this? Well, Black Friday sucks, and if any of us are going to break down it's gonna relate to televisions.