And here’s the roundup of the Job Basics series. For those of you that are new here (or came to see it), the goal was to list out job search basics, focusing on the geek audience here, as a reference.
- Why I did this in the first place. Seriously, you may want to know.
- The Goal. Setting your goal is the start.
- The Path. Once you know where you want to go, you have to figure out how to get there.
- Growth. Your path is going to require you to grow and develop to get to your goal.
- Awareness. Things are happening all the time that can affect your career – being aware is vital.
- Tools. The things you need on your job search and for your career.
- The Search. How to do a good job search – and adapt it.
- The Social. Hw to make your career part of your life.
Thanks for everyone who inspired it – and I hope it helps you.
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.musehack.com/, publishes books on career and culture at http://www.informotron.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/.