So last Sunday we asked this question:
"So, once Amazon announces their inevitable Tablet, we'll have three "ecosystems of integrated technology more or less – Google, Amazon, and Apple. Who's going to throw their hat into the ring of integrated-consumer-systems next?"
What did we get?
- 0% of people said Wal-Mart
- 50% of people said Microsoft
- 16.7% of people said Sony
- 16.7% of people said HP
- 16.7% of people said someone we haven't thought of yet!
(No one for Wal-Mart? I'm kind of surprised).
And what comments did we get?
- Amazon – However they're too late.
- In some sense Sony is already trying to do this with the next PSP, but it's rather different in scope and intention
- My guess is one of the social media networks looking to expand past what currently exists.
- Microsoft. They're going to go all out on the XBox to make it a kind of ecosystem, and as a basis for future development.
Some good comments – but I found the idea of a Social Media network jumping in on this to be REALLY intrigung. Facebook or Twitter or someone with a good infrasctucture we haven't thought of could have the time and cash to launch one. Imagine, for instance, LinkedIn.com doing a "business computer" of some kind, or Salesforce branded systems?
Great thoughts – and keep it coming team!