This is a quick dish that you can do a number of ways – honestly it’s more an outline than anything else. Give it a shot as it’s pretty easy.
- 1 1/2 tsp spread (or butter/oil if you don’t mind the fat)
- 1 1/4 cups frozen peas
- Your favorite seasoning salt, curry powder, or about a tsp of soy sauce or your favorite sauce.
- 1/4 cup quick-cook polenta
- 1 cup water
- Put polenta, water, and 1 tsp spread/oil/etc. into microwave safe dish and cook as per directions until done. Warning polenta stays hot a long time.
- Unthaw peas. Add 1/2 tsp spread and a few dashes of seasoning or curry powder as preferred. If you add sauce, leave the spread out. Mix thoroughly.
- Place peas atop polenta. Serve. I usually use use the bowl the polenta is in if possible.
This is a nice, easy dish that, due to the ingredients, has a sweet taste that goes very well with savory and spicy seasonings. You may need a bit of salt and pepper depending on your tastes.
I also found this goes really well with a more bitter side dish – like a Kale salad. That sweet with the bitter and the kick of the dressing was fantastic!
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.musehack.com/, nerd and geek culture at http://www.nerdcaliber.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/.