My latest creation – a curried meal of green peas and yams. it came out nice and tasty, though I think I need to slightly reduce the curry poweder, and I may add soy sauce for more depth of taste, and/or a tomato for depth of taste and a thicker sauce.
You can also scale this recipe – at it’s core each serving is one cup of peas, one cup of diced yams, a little under 2 tsp of curry powder, a dash of cayenne pepper, a dash of black pepper, and 1/8 tsp of salt.
- 4 cups of green peas (frozen or thawed)
- 4 cups of diced yams (depending on the yams available, this could take 2 or take 4-5).
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, ground.
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Clinatro to garnish
- Dice the yam and place them in a lidded pot with a thin layer of water on the bottom. Bring to boil and simmer with lid cover, stirring and adding water as needed to keep the bottom fully covered. There should be enough to really steam the yams as opposed to boil them.
- When the yams start to soften (about 5-7 minutes) add everything else. Mix thoroughly, adding water if needed to mix the spiced. Blend so everything is coated – heat through.
- Serve with cilantro.
– Steven Savage
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.musehack.com/, publishes books on career and culture at http://www.informotron.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/.