My pre-move experiments in simpler, faster cooking continue. This is a simple and fast-to-prepare soup, the only challenging ingredient being fresh basil (which many stores have anyway, but its not something you’ll likely have lying around without a garden). It has a nice, light taste, though may need a bit more salt depending on your preferences – fair warning, a little salt goes a long way with this dish.
- 1 Yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 3 cloves garlic (about 1 TBSP) crushed.
- 3 cups of Cannellini beans (2 14.5 oz cans)
- 3 cups vegetable broth (may need a bit more depending on how you make it)
- ½ cup chopped fresh basil.
- Dice onion, and dry-sauté it with carrots and garlic until onion starts to soften.. Add 1 or 2 Tbsp of water if it gets sticky.
- Add all other ingredients, bring to boil, then simmer until the carrots are tender, but still a bit firm. Usually about 15 minutes.