- Japan as Culture Engine continues. The Diet has an Anime, Manga, and Video Game caucus to promote interests of the industry, including tax breaks.
- Want to program, here’s the languages to consider.
- The Barbie “I Can Be A Computer Engineer” is pretty dismal and insulting. A reminder of why you probably want things about female geeks . . .written by the same. Or reviewed. Or just to not suck so bad. Fortunately the internet was on the case.
- A look at what’s happening in the world and what’s wrong. Disruption and stagnation lead to people turning to authoritarian systems because we’ve invalidated people’s past social/educational/financial investments. Short form – read it to get the long and think about the world we’ll deal with for awhile.
- Netflix’s goal is to . . . do everything. Considering the head start they have? They may do it. Oh, send ’em a resume.
- James Gunn of Guardians of The Galaxy thinks there’s too much focus on Shared Universe, not enough on good films. May explain why “Guardians” worked so well – and he’s got good points.
- It’s hard to build a good web, but Anil Dash and friends have an idea.
– Steven Savage
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.musehack.com/, publishes books on career and culture at http://www.informotron.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/.