A variant on a recipe from Vegetarian Times, this is a pretty quick meal to make. The original had peppers, which I dislike in some cases, so I focused on tomatoes.
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 medium-large sweet yellow onion, diced
1 Tbsp crushed garlic (about two cloves)
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes or equivalent (A bit over 1 1/2 cups), drained.
1 can (14 oz), about 1 1/2 cups, low-sodium vegetable broth
1 can (14 oz) low-sodium white beans, drained and rinsed.
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed, dried rosemary
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until onion starts to soften.
- Add tomatoes. Saute until onions are soft.
- Add broth, beans, black pepper, rosemary, stir.
- Bring to boil, then simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add balsamic vinegar, stir in. Cook another minute