What’s up for today?
- In the Great White North, Saskatchewan cable companies are losing young people to online TV. Not sure a cable company is your best career target depending.
- Good advice for people who want to write a big Hollywood film. This isn’t about saving the cat, this is real advice. Read it.
- More Twitter news: they have two purchases, and are picking a Head of News. So quick lessons 1) They’re willing to grow by buying and that may be your company, 2) They’re aware of their public image and need to interface with media. The twitter post IPO won’t be the twitter you know.
- I’m no introvert, but I know some of us are. If you are, here’s a guide to growing your personal brand.
- Android is more secure than it gets credit for. Something to be aware of if you’re an Android developer.
- It’s not exactly Applied Geekery, but Fox is renewing the batshit crazy show “Sleepy Hollow.” It also sounds like they’re going for uninterrupted, smaller seasons which could be interesting – after all TV needs to adapt to unique new competitors and contributions. I’m biased as I enjoy the show.
– Steven “Happy Horseman” Savage