OK the latest update of the book:
- I had to reset the layout – again – because I found some issues with PDF conversion.
- The cover was tweaked slightly.
- I have ordered a test copy. I already found some layout/paging errors before it even shipped, so live and learn.
What I've learned:
- Go over proofs very, very carefully.
- Pay attention to any alerts from your word processor.
- Pixelmator for Mac is a good, cheap Photoshop substitute.
- Doing cover and layout work at the end was a lousy idea. This is probably best done during a book's writing/production to both help you plan ahead and act as a break. Put together they are frustrating.
The book still looks like it'll be out late March/early April, on Lulu, and the available through other outlets 4-8 weeks after that.
– Steven Savage