I talk about Fansourcing quite a bit. It's because it's important, because it is good for people, and because I'm blatantly trying to get people to use the term to promote the idea.
Now of all the benefits I've talked about, let me note there's one that is important to remember: Peace of mind.
Not peace of mind for the person doing the work – though they may get some from the experience or the pay or the thrill of doing the work. I'm talking the peace of mind you get from finally Fansourcing something.
- You know the work is in good hands and don't have to worry about the outcome.
- You now have freed up time to do other things, and can tackle them.
- You have the peace of mind of just letting go.
- You have the peace of mind of knowing you made a decision to not do something.
- You put the work in the hands of a fellow fan, geek, otaku, etc.
We often fret about things we need to do, we worry where they are in our schedule, we're not sure what to do. When you Fansource everything becomes clear for you.
So among all the other advantages of Fansourcing, remember the sanity and clarity it can bring you!
– Steven Savage