When Steve lost his job, he jumped into the job search and tried to apply all the advice he’d been giving – and learned a lot in the 3 weeks it took to find a job. Here’s the entire list of articles:
- Relocation and Regional Issues – Where you are and where you look matters, and regions can vary radically in how your search works, or doesn’t.
- Resumes – Steve discovers resumes are even more important than he thought (which is saying something), and discusses their value.
- Job Search Boards – Job Search boards do pay off – if you use them right, under the right circumstances.
- Networking – It’s not just networking, it’s the Networking attitude that makes a difference.
- A Blitz Works – Slow and steady may win the race, but an all out rush may win you the job search.
- Be Your (Best) Self – It’s important to be yourself, while showing your good side.
- Empathy – Empathy is the key to connecting in your job search.
- It’s A Campaign – It’s a comprehensive campaign to win the job – learn how to wage it.
- Miscellaneous Findings – A grab-bag of observations that may help you out!
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach for professional and potentially professional geeks, fans, and otaku. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/