Pacific Rim spoilers to share with your friends.
- Idris Elba’s dance scene with Charlie Hunnam is really excellent. They alternate leading.
- The secret Jager is called “Rosebud.”
- There’s a scene where Senators note that the science is not fully in agreement that the smashed cities were caused by giant monsters.
- Even the character’s pets have Jagers, which is probably going to lead to an animated spinoff. Triple Jager Hamster Vulcan is exceptionally cute.
- Bill O’Reilly notes “Monsters appear, cities are smashed flat, you can’t explain it.”
- There’s a powerful scene where Charlie Day’s character asks “What would Godzilla do?”
- For a powerful moment, the tabloids in the film ignore the Kardashians.
- There’s a great dramatic scene where the heroes argue who gets to form the head. This gets deeply metaphorical.
- Rinko Kikuchi’s line “my entire anime collection has been leading up to this” is a real tear-jerker.
- Burt Gorman’s character has a shockingly violent scene where he gets the designer of the Jagers to admit the names are just random words his five year old strung together.
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.musehack.com/, nerd and geek culture at http://www.nerdcaliber.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/.