And it’s time for another Scrum style standup! What am I up to?
Well bluntly this week also was nuts, with assorted work events, a friend having health concerns (resolved) and of course occasional allergies. It’s not been the greatest week – but Agile method are about adapting. So where are we?
So what have I done the last week?
- Way With Worlds Minibook #1: Back from the editor, looks good, she kicked butt. I’ll probably go into it sometime in the near future – but I’m not scheduled to until next month.
- Way With Worlds Minibook #5: Still writing, and on schedule here. Not much more to say.
- Seventh Sanctum Spotlight: This keeps just being interrupted, and I’ve not had that great a response. I’m going to try and get back to it, but may just delay until next month.
- Marketing: I’m trying Amazon Marketing Services ads and have a bunch set up. I think they might be working but it’s hard to tell. I have no direct sales but had a spike in sales anyway. I also am placing flyers around town in various locations, but am not 100% sure what’s working and what isn’t.
- Seventh Sanctum General: Figured what to do with the Tumblr and planned that out. And yes, you’ll have to wait!
- Professional: Yet another professional meetup which was great.
- “A Bridge To The Quiet Planet:” You’ll probably see an entire post about this, but I ended up having to stop plotting it – it wasn’t coming together well. Short form was it was a mix of being rusty, of mis-applying techniques, and not breaking down the work. I restarted plotting it and it’s coming along great once I applied a bit more planning to the whole affair. You’ll probably see a post on it – but short form is that I won’t work on Chapter #1 until next month.
What am I going to do this week:
- Way With Worlds Minibook #5: Write more of course.
- Professional: One professional event this week.
- Social: My girlfriend’s birthday and a book club this week.
- “A Bridge To The Quiet Planet:” I’ll be finishing up some plot outlining and going over character story arcs.
- Newsletter: Get my newsletter out this week.
- General: I’ll may do some fanime preparation
Challenges and blockers:
- Continuing allergies and various interruptions have me a bit concerned. I might strip down some plans.
This week taught me a lot about adapting. I cancelled writing a chapter to have time to actually develop the book outline. I was willing to cancel a marketing idea because, simply, I needed the proper “mood” to do it. I also caught a few missing things and got on top of them fast. It’s likely I overplanned this month a bit, but hey live and learn!