I'm noticing a trend at a lot of conventions I've been to lately. I see a lot of young artists in the dealer's rooms and artist's alleys with a few things in common:
- They've started selling their art in the last 1-3 years.
- They have gorgeous, professional business cards and signage.
- They're reasonably to very-well wired, with websites, porfolios online, and the like.
- They do a lot of personal branding, even going so far as to dress to fit the theme of their table.
- Their tables are professionally laid out with the right signage, decoration, and so on.
- They're big on cross-promoting projects they do together, or with others.