This is a fast recipe that lets you make a classy, tasty dish quickly – and you can do it with ingredients many of us keep around anyway. This is for a single serving, so scale accordingly. It also makes a decent meal without a side dish.
For the pasta:
2-3 oz dried pasta.
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried basil (or about 1/2 of shredded basil)
- 1/8 tbsp pepper
- a few dashes salt (3-4)
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 slice mozzarella cheese (optional for vegans, but it’s not true caprese without cheese – that being said I don’t use the cheese much myself)
(note, you can leave out the tomato and have a rather tasty coating for 2 servings pasta)
- Mix olive oil, basil, pepper, salt, garlic, and cheese.
- Add tomato to mix, coat thoroughly. Let sit at least 15 minutes in the fridge to allow flavors to blend)
- Cook pasta and drain thoroughly.
- Mix pasta with tomato mix, serve.