I’m always trying to find new ways to get organized. One of my techniques is to consolidate tasks to be done at certain times – this way I know when to do them and if that day gets interrupted, I can move them as a whole to another day. It’s surprisingly helpful.
The day I found is best to get stuff done? Thursday. Consider.
- Sunday – Sunday is usually a day off but people still use it for light chores, and it’s still the weekend.
- Monday – Don’t even get me started. Monday, at best, is a good day to plan your week.
- Tuesday – You’re getting going. Also, it’s almost Wednesday.
- Wednesday – Hump day. Really, what do you want to do on Wednesday?
- Thursday – Is the day after hump day and the day before Friday. It’s a good time to “put everything in order” for the weekend and clean up after the week.
- Friday – Is Friday. You want to do chores then?
- Saturday – Weekend.
So yes, Thursday. Thursday is a good day to “clean up and prepare.” Thursday is when you’re just about to the weekend but aren’t starting the week. Thursday is a good time to clean the house or do shopping or whatever chores you have.
I think Thursday is a bit unappreciated really. It’s at that ideal time in the workweek you can get a lot done, and you get some perspective on the week to do it.
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.fantopro.com/, nerd and geek culture at http://www.nerdcaliber.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/.