Wow. The book has been out one week – though as I've been busy with many things I haven't done as much as I'd like with it.
- I've submitted it for worldwide distribution via Lulu.com. I just have to approve it and was frankly waiting for a few people to look at their copies.
- I actually had some people buy copies already. That felt pretty good.
- I gave a few away to people who have been supportive, and one as a prize at Chibi-con.
- Lulu.com's printing works good in multiples, though in a bulk order I placed, one had some odd detritus on the back cover. I'm checking into a return. It doesn't harm the book, but it's annoying. However it is probably a case of "stuff happens."
- Lulu.com's bulk printing is also shockingly FAST. It came as fast as single printing.
- The global distribution option at Lulu.com is pretty easy – but it does cost $70.00 so it's not free. However, you do get a lot of opportunities – you end up on Amazon.com, other sites, etc. It will take me a few more weeks to end up there.
- People take you incredibly seriously when you have a book out, even self-published.
- There is something very heady about finishing a book. I want to rest, but I have some others I want to start . . .
So it's done. Now to move on and do some promotion.
Oh, and feel free to buy the book.
– Steven Savage