Let’s take a look at the dark side of that bit of advice “Do What You Love?”
- The Introduction – What’s this all about?
- Your Situation – Your situation probably is messing up your dreams as is.
- Psychology – You could well be your own worst enemy.
- Skills And Abilities – What you need, what you don’t have, and worse, what you don’t know.
- Breaking In – Knowing what you’re doing doesn’t mean you’ll get into the career you want.
- The Job – Even if you get the job it won’t be what you expect.
- The Change – Things will change on you even if you get what you want.
- When It Works – But there is a reason to take “Do What You Love” to heart . . .
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.musehack.com/, publishes books on career and culture at http://www.informotron.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/.