(This column is posted at www.StevenSavage.com and Steve’s Tumblr. Find out more at my newsletter.)
How goes everyone! Here’s my latest update!
So what have I done the last week?
- A Bridge To The Quiet Planet: Back from the editor and I’m editing, and I’m done with chapter 1 already! However, there’s going to be a one month delay in publishing. The editor had a lot of good feedback, some of which is leading to style changes and altering some POV elements. This makes the story much better and presents a more intimate view of the wild setting. But it’s going to take an extra month.
- Way With Worlds: I’ve started on the next book on Organizations, which might just be a two part series (though I may spread it out). This one is near and dear to might heart as Organizations are often forgotten in worldbuilding beyond tropes.
- Other: An unexpectedly busy week as I had a doctor’s appointment, some home stuff to deal with, and a lot of work stuff.
What am I going to do this week?
- A Bridge To The Quiet Planet: Editing. I may delay the cover art a bit since I’ve got an extra month.
- Way With Worlds: Writing away of course – I’m basically doing a bit each day or so, so this one won’t be done for another two months or so.
- Other: I’ve got a lot of cons stuff coming up so I’ll be preparing for that. Where does the time go . . .