This is a great recipe for creating something different than your usual cheese log; a spicy, layered, deep taste that has a lot of facets. It’d probably go well with the right wine – like a Syrah.
I’m also considering cutting it with a little butter/butter substitute, olive oil, or something else to make it into a spread. Its also a bit hard to coat the roll in stage 9, so I wonder if there might be a better way to do it.
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup crumbled blue cheese
1 1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (may need a bit more)
1 Tbsp dried Basil
- Put cream cheese in a microwaveable bowl.
- Sprinkle curry powder over cream cheese.
- Cover cream cheese and curry powder with blue cheese.
- Microwave the bowl with the cheese and curry in 15-second increments until soft enough to blend.
- Mix the cheese and curry thoroughly with a no-stick spoon or spatula until finely blended – it’ll take on a pale yellow or orange color. You might need to microwave it occasionally.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator. Keep there for 2 hours at least in order to set.
- Mix pecans and basil, spread out on foil.
- Roll the cheese and curry mix into a log about an inch thick.
- Roll the cheese log in the mixture of pecans and basil until well coated. You might need to do a bit of work to patch “holes”
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve. Serve on top of crackers or toast.
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.fantopro.com/, nerd and geek culture at http://www.nerdcaliber.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/.