(This column is posted at www.StevenSavage.com and Steve’s Tumblr. Find out more at my newsletter.)
Gonna take a break from posting my healthy recipes and post this for Thanksgiving – this is sort of “Mashed potatoes plus,” putting together lots of root vegetables.
The parsnips add a great flavor, and I suggest swapping in other root vegetables like rutabagas, and maybe kick it up with garlic.
It’s fast, simple, different, and a way to impress people!
- 2 medium potatoes, diced (peeling optional)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, diced
- 2 parsnips, peeled, diced.
- About 4-6 cups of water
- Put all ingredients in a pot and bring to boil. Cover loosely and keep at a good boil until everything softens.
- Place vegetables in dish and reserve about a cup or more of the water. Mash vegetables, adding water as needed to get a creamy consistency.
- Serve with butter, spread, or salt and pepper.