- Cosplay saves your life – Man saved from snakebite by Stormtrooper armor. Here’s a story that has layers, from the work of the 401st to those amazing little things that save your armored butt. Thought – how many cosplayers should get involved in designing protective gear professionally . . .
- The Bitcoin Crash? Worse than the ruble AND the oil crash – A lot of us saw this coming, it’s no surprise. The fact it’s getting little press almost shows how much surprise it was not.
- Shadow banking appears resurgent in China – Which means off-the-book loans and transactions that can lead to all sorts of problems – because the money’s gotta come from somewhere, go somewhere, and get repaid . . .
- Radio Shack to file for bankruptcy – Not exactly surprising, but a bit sad. I wonder if anyone may pick them up and who that might be . . .
- Ray Bradbury’s old house is being raized – A bit of history goes away.
- Thunderbirds . . . are . . . remade. Again – It really doesn’t end, does it? Presented as an example of the remake mania we’re stuck in.