It’s my weekly Scrum style standup for the audience. Which is you.
This week saw a lot of stuff with fanime, so let’s get to what’s up?
So what have I done the last week?
- Way With Worlds Minibook #5: As usual, writing.
- Social: Fanime has gone great, seeing people, having fun. And yes, I budgeted time for it – to make sure I relaxed.
- Speaking: Spoke at Fanime, it went great! Think the self-publishing panel needs to be broken up into several panels there’s so much to cover.
- Cosplay: I was Doctor Oobleck, and it was a lot of fun!
- Her Eternal Moonlight: The sale is on of course! Which you probably saw in my announcements!
- “A Bridge To The Quiet Planet:” Still a bit behind on this I’m afraid, mostly because I have to keep “extracting” myself from ideas I locked myself into during that failed first plotting. Imagine it like building the foundation of a house and finding you still had some stones you laid while redesigning it.
What am I going to do this week:
- Plan New Sprint for June: That gets done Wednesday or so. Targets for June are releasing the first Minibook, speaking at Hydra-Con, finishing the “Bridge To The Quiet Planet” plot outline and writing the first chapter (again, hopefully).
- Way With Worlds Minibook #5: Well, uh . . . writing. So as you guessed I’m doing a few bits each week or so.
- “A Bridge To The Quiet Planet:” I’m going to at least get the character designs fully fleshed out and get the plot outline further along – at least to a few paragraphs if not a few pages.
- Writing: I’m going to keep doing my Agile blog posts, but I think I’m going to start posting on my findings in writing – that experience of doing a major fiction project again is pretty informative.
- Newsletter: A new newsletter comes out this Wednesday! I also have to get all the new signups for my newsletter into the database!
Challenges and blockers:
- Mostly challenges to do fiction writing again, I don’t quite have a sense of how long things take restored. But hey live and learn. This will improve in time – and I get to post my lessons.
- There may be some challenges with training at work and some changes taking up time, so fair warning things might get delayed.