Whew! Life is a bit calmer here so let’s get to the update on my projects! Less than I’d like, more than I expected!
So what have I done since last time?
- Way With Worlds: The new book has been outlined – I’m covering Gods and Deities as that’s a popular subject – and one that deserves more coverage if only because its too easy to resort to tropes.
- Chance’s Muse: Is in the first run edit! If all goes well, I can still drop it late November/early December!
- A School Of Many Futures: I’m back to writing, doing a mix of writing and editing to get my mojo going. September 2020 looks likely, but maybe I can catch up! It’s definitely a hell of a lot better than the first draft, and bluntly, better than my first book – by chapter two our cast is dealing with a troubled teenager from a magical bloodline, and by chapter three or four we get our first mysterious death . . .
- Seventh Sanctum: Still not a lot of progress on Python. I feel bad I’ve ignored this, but as the site is doing its job, being a few months behind or not dropping a generator for awhile is OK. I have plotted a few possible generators beyond the idea stage
- Way With Worlds: I plan to start working on the new book next week!
- Chance’s Muse: Finish up two runs of editing. At that point it’s ready to format (and hopefully that goes well)
- A School Of Many Futures: Continue to work on Chapters 1 and 2 until my creativity is working again, then dive into writing like crazy.
- Seventh Sanctum: Keep pushing to get back on track! Finishing Chance’s Muse may help.
- General: I’m trying an evolved version of my current planning technique, which I call “Nested Scrum.” This should reduce context-shifting and stress!