The latest updates to the Civic Geek catalog are here! Be sure to visit the main site for the entire rundown sorted by Geeky Interest or Focus.
- Charitable Work
- DataKind – Helps connect data experts with good causes – and they’re looking for help from data techs, managers, and more!
- Charitable Work
- Kirkland Geek Gala – A geek event that raises funds for Seattle Children’s Hospital via Extra Life.
- Donors Choose – An online charity that helps you fund education intiatives in a project stile.
- Citizen Science
- SciFiles – Uses grassroots, micro-donations, and showcasing vetted projects to promote scientific advancement – with a heavy emhpasis on civilian science.
- Books To Prisoners – A US charity that sends free books to prisoners across the Unitied States, with a focus on self-improvement, education, and stopping recidivism.
- Alaska Literacy Program – An Alaska-based literacy charity with an emphasis on training and certifying teachers and tutors to impart reading, writing, and speaking skills.
- Book Ends – A nonprofit focusing on empowering children through literacy and a focus on leadership in communities.
- Family Reading Partners – A coalition of people and organizations that promotes literacy via family reading practices.
- Reach Out And Read – A nonprofit organization of medical providers who promote literacy and school readiness in pediatric care with parental advice.
- Military Support
– Steven Savage
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.musehack.com/, publishes books on career and culture at http://www.informotron.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/.