I write a lot and have quite a few books. So now and then I post a roundup of them for interested parties!
The Way With Worlds Series
This is what I do a lot of – writing on worldbuilding!. You can find all of my books at www.WayWithWorlds.com!
The core books of the series will help you get going:
- Way With Worlds Book 1 – Discusses my philosophy of worldbuilding and world creation essentials.
- Way With Worlds Book 2 – Looks at common subjects of worldbuilding like conflicts in your setting, skills for being a good worldbuilder, and more!
When you need to focus on specifics of worldbuilding, I have an ever-growing series of deep dive minibooks. Each provides fifty questions with additional exercises and ideas to help you focus on one subject important to you!
The current subjects are:
Take a typical fantasy world – and then let it evolve into the information age. Welcome to the solar system of Avenoth, where gods use email, demons were banished to a distant planet, and science and sorcery fling people across worlds . . .
- A Bridge To The Quiet Planet – Two future teachers of Techno-Magical safety find trying to earn their credentials hunting odd artifacts backfires when they’re hired to put some back . . . on a planet where gods go to die!
I’m the kind of person that studies how creativity works, and I’ve distilled my findings and advice into some helpful books!
- The Power Of Creative Paths – Explores my theories of the Five Types of Creativity, how you can find yours, and how to expand your creative skills to use more Types of Creativity.
- Agile Creativity – I take the Agile Manifesto, a guide to adaptable project development, and show how it can help creatives improve their work – and stay organized without being overwhelmed.
- The Art of The Brainstorm Book – A quick guide to using a simple notebook to improve brainstorming, reduce the stress around having new ideas, and prioritize your latest inspirations.
- Chance’s Muse – I take everything I learned at Seventh Sanctum and my love of random tables and charts and detail how randomness can produce inspiration!
Being a “Professional Geek” is what I do – I turned my interests into a career and have been doing my best to turn that into advice. The following books are my ways of helping out!
- Fan To Pro – My “flagship” book on using hobbies and interests in your career – and not always in ways you’d think!
- Skill Portability – A quick guide to how to move skills from one job to another, or even from hobbies into your job. Try out my “DARE” system and asses your abilities!
- Resume Plus – A guide to jazzing up a resume, sometimes to extreme measures.
- Epic Resume Go! – Make a resume a creative act so it’s both better and more enjoyable to make!
- Quest For Employment – Where I distill down my job search experiences and ways to take the search further.
- Cosplay, Costuming, and Careers – An interview-driven book about ways to leverage cosplay interests to help your career!
- Fanart, Fanartists, and Careers – My second interview-driven book about ways to leverage fanart to help your career!
- Convention Career Connection – A system for coming up with good career panels for conventions!
- Her Eternal Moonlight – My co-author Bonnie and I analyze the impact Sailor Moon had on women’s lives when it first came to North America. Based on a series of interviews, there’s a lot to analyze here, and surprisingly consistent themes . . .