Free Book And MoreGet my newsletter and get a FREE book on Personal Agile Productivity!
Who am I?An IT Professional, writer, and Elder Geek who helps people solve their professional and creative problems. Also he cooks, which is sort of about problem solving.
Connect With Me!
Site Updates By Email!
Tag Archives: Studio cosplay
We’re familiar with hackerspaces and makerspaces here at Musehack – but a Cosplayspace? Yep, meet Studio Cosplay, which is opening a community workshop in 2015, located in Washington DC. An entire space for a community to cosplay, share ideas, and work together. A fusion of geek skills and geek community? I’m there with an interview.
Let’s meet Liz Gmaz, the president of Studio Cosplay, and one of the people making this dream a reality.
What’s worthy of your attention?
- Abby of KeAbitum looks at the Cosplay Money fallacy.
- A con that’s hardcore focused on sculpting and practical skills? Meet ConStruct.
- And now a nonprofit makerspace community for cosplayers? Meet Studio Cosplay.
- Cracked looks at why pop culture sucks. This makes a lot of good points, points I may explore later. Well worth reading.
- How Chicago’s schools came out behind on a financing deal – Answer, high finance swap deals that of course screwed them over. Lots of financial esoterica here, but important as many schools need money. Speaking of . . .
- Good news Michigan, the court says you don’t have to provide quality education for every child! Kindly throw this in the face of anyone complaining about the state of education. We asked for it.
- The Best Science Books For 2014 – For yourself or a gift!
– Steven Savage
Steven Savage is a Geek 2.0 writer, speaker, blogger, and job coach. He blogs on careers at http://www.musehack.com/, publishes books on career and culture at http://www.informotron.com/, and does a site of creative tools at http://www.seventhsanctum.com/. He can be reached at https://www.stevensavage.com/.