We need a name for this thing. Where are we?
- Agendas of SHIELD got picked up for a full season despite mediocre results (and yours truly is NOT impressed). That’s a bet on Whedon, let’s see where it goes.
- John Malone wants to compete with Netflix – by banding together cable companies. An interesting suggestion and a reminder that there’s a lot of power out there that could oppose Netflix. Will it happen . . . I have no idea. Could provide a market shakeup – and quite a few job opportunities I imagine . . .
- Smartphones are getting larger, tablets are getting smaller. Which suggests some kind of convergence along with a heavy dose of the incredibly obvious. Also a pain for programmers and media producers trying to deal with the insane footprints.
- Actually one player in smartphones is Samsung, and they along with other companies in Aisa are targeting Silicon Valley. Beyond the opportunities in Silicon Valley for employment it keeps cementing the Valley’s reputation (especially as I think it’s splitting a bit between SF and Silicon Valley properly).
- Maybe you’re looking at a startup, and Amazon wants to support you. That’s a smart move for them with all the services they provide and the opportunities people need. May even be useful for you.
- From success to failure, it looks like Blackberry may end up being taken to pieces. OK gang, if you’re there you know it’s time to go, and if someone buys a chunk of it that could change opportunities.
- Game developer? Valve is hosting a developer-only event for their Steam Machines. You know you want to go . . . even if you’re not a developer. Damn it.
- If Washington doesn’t crash the world economy there’s more hope with a decline in Greek Youth Unemployment, though it’s still pretty bad.
– Steven “Smartphone Tablet” Savage.