What’s up for you Applied Geeks, Careerists, and Creatives?
- The Ouya may not seem to be doing hot, but Lifehacker has some suggestions. Also it’s expanding in Europe. Not sure we can write it off yet, though with the Steam box it may quickly end up another curiosity. I’m still guessing a possible purchase. I wouldn’t develop specifically for the Ouya, but it might not be something to ignore at the very least . . .
- Big boost for Hulu (which I’m still bullish on) – it’s added to Chromecast. Well Chromecast needed more anyway, so everyone wins. Look at some point Hulu will succeed almost despite itself, which may mean its good for carrying your content and possible careers.
- Developing mobile apps? This article argues the age of paid apps is largely past. I’d say there’s some credit to this, but then again that’s now. If you told me five years ago I’d be paying for some of the things I pay for now, I wouldn’t have believed you. So take this with some caution.
- Well bad news at Reuters – about five percent of the staff will be cut. Might want to keep that in mind in your job search.
– Steven “Soon To Be Available On Chromecast” Savage